View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 03:38 AM
Rettie V. Grama

I can see your problem with these 2 pieces of fabric. It is as though the eyes can't focus on the design. My eyes get funny , the design swirls and I get nauseated also. My question is" How old is your son? If he is old enough to use scissors, set him down give him a template and make him do the cutting or no dice is making the quilt from that fabric. Your son is precious to you, as all of ours are, but I wouldn't make myself sick making a quilt for him. I have made quilts for all 7 of my children and most of my grandchildren. Tell your son to pick other fabrics that don't make you sick.

Originally Posted by leatheflea
I dont know what to do. My son picked out these for a quilt along with about 10 other fabrics. I've been putting off making the quilt because every time I try to cut these or iron them I get dizzy and sick feeling. So again this morning I decide to work on this quilt, I just finished ironing the white one and my eyes hurt and I feel just awful. Theres two more fabrics in this quilt he wants that do the same thing. Any suggestions on how to use these fabrics and not die in the process?