Old 08-09-2011, 06:59 PM
texasannie

Hi.....my husband thinks I'm nuts but, told him if he wanted some real help in finding us a new home, I needed to ask my Quilting Board Friends for assistance....if you all can't steer me in the right direction....it Can't be done! I would appreciate so much any help I could get!

My husband is planning to retire the first of the year and we love the Panhandle of Texas but would like to be where there are trees and water, and get closer to our children who live in Denton and Austin.....thought around Waco would be a good central location to homestead. We have a contract on his house in Borger, and mine went on the Market yesterday.....so now we need to start getting information pro's and con's of the central Texas area. We want a 3 bedroom home, 2 baths, garage, about 1800 sq ft and at least 1/2 acre of land to park our fifth wheel and maybe grow a garden and we would like a smaller community (He has always lived in a small town, and I have really learned to appreciate smaller towns in the last three years).

?????? does anyone have any suggestions?