View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 12:17 PM
Nanamoms

Well, I haven't been able to find ANY of the seam rippers recommended on here. I only have Hancocks in my area...well Hobby Lobby too but they have reduced their quilting and sewing notions.

I did have a kinda odd experience in Hancock's. I met another quilter in the quilting notions area and we got to talking. I told her that I was a newbie and still trying to get my quilting notions especially looking for a seam ripper. I even showed her my list that I made from reading your responses. She said "oh, I like the folding one". I said I know but they don't seem to have any here. She then told me that they did have TWO of the folding ones but "I got both of them so no need for you to look for them". She even told me she had several of them at home. I was kinda shocked. I may be totally wrong in my thinking but I would have at least offered one of them to the other person, especially if she was trying to get started. She even showed them to me in her basket!!!

Oh well, I'll find one somewhere...BUT she had invited me to their next quild meeting and now how can I go and see her there w/o thinking about this situation. (sigh)