Old 08-21-2011, 05:02 PM
cabbagepatchkid

Originally Posted by rosemary krupski
Is the apple core block the same as the thimbles block? I don't like it because it is too plain and I would much rather see more of a variety of shapes and colors. I think these types show off your talent more.

Thank goodness we all have different likes and dislikes. Wouldn't it be a dull world if we all liked the same things???
No, the apple core block is not the same as the thimbles block. The apple core block is made from 2 different fabrics in each block and the thimble (I call it "tumbler" ) block is just a whole bunch blocks that are all the same shape but are different colors. I made one about 20 yrs ago and I'm getting ready to make another one. I love them! I am also considering making a postage stamp quilt :shock:

I love scrap quilts, crumb quilts and log cabins...lol! I even like to see the storybook version of a scrap quilt in a children's story book....you know the quilt that always seems to cover whichever child is in bed, in the story :lol: I know, weird, huh?

I see lots of quilts that I don't think that I would like to attempt but I still like to look at pictures of them.

I don't know if this is related to the people that are creeped out by certain patterns or sharp points but many years ago when I was going through a rough time in my life and suffered from anxiety/panic attacks, I couldn't look at old buildings. Not sure what it was but I would start to feel anxiety just by looking at the architecture of old buildings. I don't feel that way now but still remember how it made me feel, then.