View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 08:46 AM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

Ouch if you hired some one to do the quilting you do not expect work to be done by some one in training. Often when people start a business they do quilts for a small fee with the understanding that the LAQ is not completely trained. so as I understand it she took your quilts, left you to believe she would do the work and charged you as if she would do the work but then trained some one long arm quilting on your quilt? Did the other person pay her to be trained? Very strange situation.

Originally Posted by NatalieMacDonald
Same thing happened to me. I brought it to the LAQ's atten tion and she explained she was training a new LAQ. She took the quilt back and literally picked out the whole queen size quilt and re-quilted it. I looked for permanent needle holes but it was okay and I really appreciated her work.

This is her reputation and business. She cared and that meant a lot to me.

I thought about it and rehearsed in my mind what the issues were and stayed calm and behaved in a way that I was proud of myself though I was nervous. No guarantee but at least I could walk away handling it the best that I could.

I do wish you the best.