View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 07:22 AM
flowerjoy

Originally Posted by damaquilts
My brother can't leave because of his job so I am staying too. I can't drive too far by myself and even if I need to go to a shelter I can't since they won't let animals in and my Andy isn't going anywhere so neither am I. We are as ready as we are going to be for this mess. We will have water in the tubs, We have filters that can filter sewage to drinkable water, we have food and the dog has food . I have meds. We have soup and I am cooking food today and tomorrow. We have a grill with propane and plenty of flashlights and candles. I have books and a quilt that needs hand quilting. I am going to fill some small grocery bags with ice from the ice maker. If we are without power for more than a day or two I will just make a trip to GA and stay with friends until everything works out. :-) Other than that not a whole lot I can do about a hurricane. Except keep visualizing it going out and away from the coast. LOL Good luck to everyone in the path I sure hope it isn't bad.
Of course, DO NOT GRILL any food INSIDE... the carbon monoxide will kill you... wait to use your grill for after the storm passes... if you use a generator also place it outside (not in garage) and NOT near a window (same reason as grill)... someone dies every hurricane from misuse of a grill or generator. Thinking of all you folks on the east coast... prepare and you will be fine... lots of Pb & Jelly... after prepared just relax and watch nature in all its wonder.