View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 05:27 PM
MargeD
Power Poster

I wish I would have been busy quilting and getting ready for a power outage, but had to pick up prescriptions for my pain meds, can't be without that, especially since the humidity and rain make my arthritis really flare up. Hubby spent the night in the hospital for observation for chest pain, but he's OK and home today. I really would have liked another night alone, just me and TJ the cat, oh well. Then it's the drug store and grocery shopping to get ready in case the power goes out. I'm not sure if we're far enough away from Boston that it might not affect us, but I'm more worried about our daughter Kari who works at Dulles Airport in Operations, it's possible she would have to work all weekend, but we haven't talked to her even though we left messages. Hope you make it through all right and anyone else in Irene's path. They are not fun. My daughter lived in FL for several years and she lucked out 3 times, but the 4th time the hurricane landed in Ft. Lauderdale where she was, not fun for her. She's not crazy about hurricanes,but she wasn't crazy about tornados when she lived in Lubbock, TX. Can't fight Mother Nature. Hope everyone makes it through Irene OK.