View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 04:48 PM
pbreon

Originally Posted by vickig626
Originally Posted by BrendaY
If I was in my 50's, I would go... bringing all my comforts with me. But I'm in my 60's now, and absolutely would not... I'm much happier and more comfortable at home where I can rest, work, rest in 15 minute intervals....... but that's just me.. Maybe you should try it once, so you'll know next time a retreat comes up..
That's kinda where I'm at .... do a little, rest a while, do a little, rest for hours. I'm almost 60 and have had Fibro for at least 13 years. The arthritis doesn't help either.
My heart is with you!!! Our state retreat is coming up in Oct. and I am not planning to go. Many of my guild members are trying to talk me into going. I have not told them I have the Fibro condition as well as Lupus... I struggle telling anyone because I try hard to keep up and allow my sewing to give me relaxation and distraction from the pain and fatigue.... I know the fun I will be missing but I also know the pain and tiredness I would experience...after returning..My DH and I are going The DesMoines show at the end of Sept. We take this trip to meet our son and DIL.... she is a quilter too!! It gives us a 2fold opportunity to see each oter and the guys go off for the day together, and she and I get to do our bonding thing with the quilt show!!! ( ps, I sleep all the way home!)