Old 09-17-2011, 05:40 PM
Janis

Well, I finally got to make something with my little Featherweight. This time when we came up to our youngest daughter's home in the Chicago,IL area, I brought her with me and today I finally had a chance to use her. I made a 'machine organizer,' the kind that goes under and in front of the machine. I used the pattern for one for a serger and it was just the right size for a Featherweight. I used my cute little walkingfoot that I bought for her to sew it all together. With the double pockets on the front, there were 2 layers of batting, and 6 layers of the cotton fabric to go through!!! She worked like a little trooper and went through it just fine. I got done just in time for the 2 1/2 year old twins and their two older siblings to converge in on me!!
I then had to show the oldest two how my little machine sews, and of course Nicholas,7, had to run the foot petal...
...And then he wanted to see what the seam ripper does. I gave him my little scrap that I used to set the tension on my machine, and he ripped out all of the sewing on it. Anyone need someone to seam rip for them???
I just love my little FW and will have a lot of fun using her.