Thread: tying quilts
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 02:22 PM
mnmgirl

Originally Posted by capucine
I, like you have trouble with the quilting and that put me off when i think of finishing a quilt it's my nightmare i have never tied a quilt before but would love to try and maybe finish a couple of quilt that's just laying. Maybe you can show how you tie yours? I would love to know how it's done, i am about to start a single bed quilt for my 7 year old grand daughter who has put in an order and has even design one on my quilt wizard:) with lots of squares and triangles God help me when I will start cutting and sewing:)

Tying is so easy. I take a large needle and put about 24 inches of the color I matched to the front of the quilt in it. I then put it through the quilt and make sure I have gone through all layers. Then I bring it back up and tie it. Then I cut it to whatever length I want it. I do this every 4-6 inches over and up and down. I start in the middle of the quilt. I usually do this on my table it makes it easier. I hope you find this easy to do. Just look in the search engine for tying a quilt. Good luck. Will post pics soon.

Originally Posted by mnmgirl
Good morning....... I just wanted to know something. I have seen some beautiful quilts here, and am put to shame. I am a recent quilter, but my hands will not let me hand sew my quilts. I have tried to machine sew and it has ruined two quilts. So, I ended up tying my quilts. I have 7 quilts that are tyed.,and they came out fine. I would like to know how yall feel about tying them. I just feel inadequate about sewing them and i can't afford to have them quilted. So please give me some feedback......I will post pics soon..