View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 02:38 PM
butterflywing

Originally Posted by May in Jersey
Great advice gals. I may be taking a ride to Lancaster area and will check at Zooks for their Amish Blacks and also Sauders, their other shop. With so many quilt shops in the area I'm sure to find some MM black or a good quality black. May
after the show in Oaks, Pa i went to sauder's and got some fabric. if you buy the bolts upstairs the price is $3.50 py. some bolts are 8 yds and some are 15. they won't cut them. no solids. i bought 4 bolts. :mrgreen:

the pre-cuts and bolts downstairs ranged from $2.99 on the bolt - they cut those - to $3.99. on the cuts the prices ranged from $1.99 to $3.99 - they won't cut and the pieces are between 4 and 9 yards. the precuts seemed very outdated to me. they had the solids on the bolt, but i didn't notice the price.

when you walk in, the precuts in the main room are about $6.99 py. the batting is a good price, but they don't have every size. the flannel is a good price. baby flannel only and precut.

if you google sauder's, there's a link to get onto their mailing list for sales, including zook's. that is something NOT to be missed. the prices go even lower and the choices are greater.

i don't like zook's. i think their prices are too high to warrant the trip from new jersey. imo, you can do better online if you order enough to get no shipping.