Thread: C-PAP anyone?
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 03:38 AM
Wendys Quilts

I started out with a full face mask with mine. Didnt work. My mouth would open and I would drool and I couldnt stand that. Any, I have my unit on a night stand beside my bed. with the full face mask I would drapet the hose over the head board and it helped a lot. I do have a sleeve for it and that helps tremendously.

I now use a nasal one, though. Much better for me. My mouth stays closed and the hose is now draped on the side fo the bed. I was also and all time stomach sleeper. However, over the only 2 1/2 years of using it, I no longer stomach sleep. :( But I have adapted. I can not sleep with out it! It is like my drug at night, puts me right to sleep.

Keep at it. You will get use to it. And it will make you so much more healthier and feel better and refreshed when you wake up!

Originally Posted by rainbow quilter
Thanks for the great replies, everyone!

I'm not giving up for good, but just wasn't willing to get up in the middle of the night to take everything apart and dry it out after the water went everywhere.

I was afraid that I had ruined it and wasn't looking forward to telling the home health company that I ruined it after one night! Luckily, everything worked once I dried it out.

Amandasgramma, thanks so much for the info about the water pillow. I'm a stomach sleeper too, so that's so good to know!