View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 10:56 AM
Monroe

I have to say I've had good and bad experiences at the cutting table at the 3 JoAnns within 75 miles. I try to go during off hours so I can take the time to watch how things are cut. Many of the cutters are inexperienced, and some truly have no idea how to measure or use scissors so are grateful for the help. Those who know about sewing tend to ask what I'm going to make. On a few occasions I've had them "suggest " I ask for a lesser amount of clearance fabric than planned for a charity quilt just so they can give me the final partial yard of the bolt for 50% off the clearance price- very thoughtful! They've even pulled smaller bolts of the same fabric from the cart behind the cutting counter to do this, which is so much appreciated. On the other hand there have been times when a cutter slashes through the middle of a panel, or insists on cutting a crooked piece and I will quietly refuse it- necessitating a discussion with the manager who is called over. JoAnns has good and bad employees and policies, and there is very little consistency. Their fabric and all seasonal merchandise prices are swinging higher, and I don't shop without a good sale or coupons. Seems like they are chasing away customers who aren't "in the know" about the flyers. I have severe arthritis and do miss the scattered seating benches tremendously, but the managers just blame Corporate.