Old 10-11-2011, 12:34 PM
butterflywing

i believe the answer lies in the subject line.

for example, if you're posting a tute that you wrote and took your own pictures of, the subject line should reflect that. i.e. "How i make My ......". than, according the direction in the rules section, that thread should go into the tutorial section.

if you're posting a link to a remote site, it should somehow be labeled as such. i.e. "Making Perfect Points - The Quilt Show".

or "How to ......... the Jinny Beyers Way". then it should go into the links/resources section.

at least that's the way it's supposed to be done. and that does let you know wether it's from a remote site or one of us.

that said, i do agree that they should all be in one section and through the search option anyone can find what they want. it just makes it less confusing for members to post tutes. it also makes it possible to cruise the tute section and read anything that looks interesting that you might not even know was there.

imo.

btw, i just read stormatsea45and i will try to remember to add to the subject line that there's a video if there is one. i know they take forever to load. if i do forget, i apologize.