Old 10-15-2011, 05:36 AM
quilter in the making

Find another doctor and don't feel guilty about not going back. I have way too many doctors as I see a nephrologist, a urologist, a GP, a gynecologist, an orthopedist for a broken ankle, kidney stones, kidney damage from a kidney stone that totally blocked a kidney, underactive thyroid, hypertension and borderline diabetic. I talked to the nephrologist and asked him if he thought it would be in my best interest to see an endocrinologist and have a doctor that would look at the big picture instead of everything individualized. He agreed and I scheduled an appointment. When I got there, the young female doctor was a walking encyclopedia on the symptoms of hypothyroidism and went into a long recitation of those. When I would interject that yes, that's a symptom I'm having, she would stop and give me a dirty look and start the recitation all over again from the first. She ordered a bunch of tests for me and told me to make another appointment on my way out. As I walked out the receptionist said, "Wait, the doctor wants you to make another appointment." My reply, "No, not making another appointment as I'm never coming back and make sure the doctor cancels all the lab work she ordered as I'm not going in for those either." Still looking for a doctor to work with me, but afraid I will have to leave this clinic as this is how they make more money. So infuriating.