Old 10-15-2011, 06:10 AM
themachinelady

I think you need to find a new MD, this one sounds like a pill pusher. We had one of those locally and everytime one went to him it was another pill and none were ever discontinued. I quit seeing him but another lady wound up seriously ill because of the interactions between the meds. Pills are helpful but not the answer to everything and I think we as Americans want a quick fix to a lot of things so some think a pill will cure everything, NOT SO!

I have a good dr. except he is very expensive. I finally told him you get a once a year visit unless I am sick, I simply can't afford your fees. He listens to what you have to say and takes whatever time you need (probably why he is expensive) for which I am very grateful. But until I found him I have had some who didn't listen to what I told them, but what they thought I should hear. I realize I am not a dr., but one must keep in touch with their body to give the doctor correct info and sometimes you have to let them know they aren't listening. If they don't want to listen find another dr.

I just recently had open heart surgery for a valve repair and am so thankful my heart doctor listened to what I had to say about symptoms etc. and found the problem with no trouble. So find someone who will listen to what you have to say, and if they don't know will refer you to someone who might or should know. Good luck in the future.