View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 08:03 AM
Izaquilter

OMG this is too weird! I've been diagnosed with Idiopathic Pulmonary Arterial Hypertenion & from what I've read a person only lives 3-5 yrs after diagnosis. Well I don't believe that but of course it's made me think of the time I do go. I told DH I wanted my OWN quilt show. I want all the quilts I've made displayed up & down the isles of the funeral home where I'm laid out! I don't want flowers but I want trees planted for me instead.So glad I'm not the only one thinking ahead! I also know I'm going to quilter's heaven because my friend & I talked about this. She is already there, saving me a seat beside her. My only problem is I need to find out if there is a room for hubbies! I don't want to abandon him in the end!

I had Mother here with me at my house when she passed away. Her & Dad just loved me quilting, they thought it was the greatest. When the funeral home came to take her away, the body bag was a blue & white star quilted bag! I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT! I wanted a picture of her being taken out but my DH said it wasn't right. To this day I still wish I had. What a way for her final ending is to be taken out in a quilted body bag. She would have loved that