View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 09:42 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
Originally Posted by romanojg
Originally Posted by ckcowl
since the walking foot is for straight lines- either stitch in the ditch or cross hatch would be good choices.
There is a new walking foot by Viking but it also fits other machines; it's called an interchangeable walking foot. You can reverse, zig zag and do the fancy stitches with it as well. It has several different feet that you can get in addition to the straight and zig zag foot that comes with it. I've gotten the 1/4 in and rolled hem one in addition so far. I don't remember what all machines it's compatible but a google search would show it.
I'm pretty sure I can do all those things with my Bernina walking foot. I could not find where the Viking walking foot could be used for machines other than Vikings.

Thanks so much for your reply and suggestions. :thumbup:
I went to Viking and even though they do show it is for most of thier machines (except Emerald) they of course don't show it for other companies. There was a guy demonstrating it on a video last week and he mentioned other machines but not sure what site it was on or his name. It may be he misspoke when he mentioned other co. I'm not sure. I just got my Viking Ruby and I'm sure glad it comes with it. I have a Kenmore/Janome and when I used my my walking foot I could do alot of the fancy stitches that my machine had. Thanks for your feed back. I will try and see this week if I can find the video that I saw last week. The problem with videos are you go to a site to see one video and while there something else catches your eye that is different and then you aren't sure where you were to start with.