View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 07:11 AM
AliKat

The smaller patterns that come in those clear plastic 'baggies' type thing I have organized by first sorting out the major pattern makers who made them: Atkinson, Miss Rosie, etc. The rest I have grouped by theme and title: stars, curves, etc. These are in one of those magazine holders [given to me by a friend.]

I am trying not to keep many other patterns from magazines but am scanning them into picture files: one with just the pictures and the other with pictures and directions.

My retreat and mystery quilt patterns are all grouped and each in it's own plastic sleeve. I want to get pictures to put in with them, but don't have them yet. [ These are in their own magazine holders [ again, a gift.] Eventually, if I am in a position where I can't do much of anything I might rewrite them and file them with in their own picture file on the computer.

Am slowly getting rid of magazines and some books by .... yep, scanning what I want to keep.

OK, so that isn't all. I still keep some books and magazines for 'sentimental' reasons. Esp the signed ones.

ali