View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 03:45 AM
sarahrachel

Originally Posted by chairjogger
I have no idea.. I give most of my things away.. I have a few quilts from my grandmother's .. but the kids appear to have very little interst.. along with my china and crystal that all would I married - so carefully registered for.. this generation. "We don't want old stuff Mom."

I try not to think about it. :(
I have a set of my great grandmother's china in my hope chest and a quilt from my grandma and great grandma. But my brother and I have decided, I get the girly things (china, sewing machine, quilts, etc) and he gets my grandfather's tool and my dad's guns (though I do get the one my grandfather gave to me but I will probably never use it) and of course, if he's married, I'll let his wife pick some things out too. Same goes if I have a husband. But some of the things we're already dividing up. Like I get the fancy blanket chest and the cedar wardrobe that came from the farm where my grandma grew up and he gets the not so fancy one and the blue set of china.

The sad thing is, my mom knows about this and shakes her head every time. But as for quilts, I hopefully won't have to think about that for a while!