View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 07:41 PM
Havplenty

when my daughter was younger, i used to do button crafts with her and her friends such as covering jewelry boxes or picture frames. i have made quilts for my nieces and some family members adorned with buttons. my dgd's quilt is covered in bright buttons and bows.

i use to collect buttons and have many "vintage" buttons. i also bought bulk buttons from a manufacturer that was closing. i now give buttons away in the quilt swaps i do on this board. i downsized a lot so i try not to collect any but went to a coupla of estate sales recently and bought buttons. i will give those away in quilt swaps also.

but i do love buttons. my philosophy is i don't wanna be the one who wins for having a lot of collected stuff after i leave this life. i see that in so many of these estate sales that i go to.... tons of stuff that people have collected, most of it unused being sold to the general public. i am so trying to destash myself.

you can sell your buttons on here or ebay. i will probably eventually package up some of mine for sale.