View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 09:29 AM
auniqueview

Originally Posted by Lioness3xs
I am not a Wal-mart fabric snubber. Some in my guild poo poo it but then I have to remember they are shop owners. The fabric companies that provide W's fabric are also suppling quilt shops but not with the same designs. One of my fave things about Walmart is they monthly pattern and fabric projects. The patterns are free to download off the internet and then you can buy the fabrics much cheaper then their regular fabrics. You can make a full sized quilt for under $30 cost for the top and this makes a great quilt for charity give away.

http://www.aenathan.com/index.php?tmpl=quiltofthemonth
There is one fabric that I have seen, and yes, same quality, lol...in Walmart, JoAnns and the LQS. I pointed it out to my dh and said, "that has to be the most popular fabric ever....everyone carries it". It is just a matter of knowing what you are looking for, and what you want.

It's like groceries, and the people who say they won't buy food at Walmart. Let me tell you, go get your boxed prepared stuff and your canned stuff that you would buy elsewhere at Walmart. Check their prices against your receipts at the other stores. DelMonte and LIbbys at Walmart are the same product as they are at Publix. So are Jello, spices, etc. I don't let my dh buy frozen foods or meats there. I worked for Walmart, and I know how the shoppers would go get those foods FIRST then walk around getting everything else, for hours, then end up in line with no money, bad checks or cards. The food, including meats and frozen would go back, after being out so long, or sitting at the service desk. But it never hurt the canned or boxed items.

You just have to know what you are buying, and what not to buy.