View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 01:30 PM
carolaug

I agree...there is a difference..if the quilt is for me...or someone I know that will use and love the quilt forever...I spend the extra...if its for a baby quilt I will look for the cheaper deals...if for someone that may not care or keep forever or a person who loike frequent changes...bargin fabrics...since they will end up only keeping for a year or two...the fabric does wear differently. Yes you can get the good quality fabrics at all of the stores...but you need to becareful unlike the LQS..I just get what I like. Also the selection is huge....I have several quilts that I have made in the last year and the ones that I bought in the LQS still look great! the others....while...I have donated a few to goodwill already...the thickness is just not the same.
Originally Posted by peggy463
I agree...if it's economy you are after than Wal-Mart is the place to go because they look the same when finished sort of, but if you want feel, texture, and high thread count than Wal-Mart is not the place to go. I like the feeling of the fabrics from the fabric stores, the thread count is higher and it doesn't pill or feel scratchy. And then again it depends on what you are using the fabric for and I have found out that most people aren't fussy about the feel like I am. For me I have decided I will make fewer quilts so I can have the better fabric.