Old 11-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Judie

I love my FW.. I have 3 of them... the first one, my favorite, my mom gave me years ane years ago.. I was happy to have it then, but didn't go wild over it.. (wish I had have given her that pleasure, but I didn't really know what I had in my hands at the time) Years after she was gone I began to use it quite regularily, and then I did find out what a wonderful little machine I had.. Then a few years ago a friend of mine was looking to 'get rid' of the junky machines her MIL had used.. Mil had passed away and the daughter in law didn't sew and didn't want the "junk" in her spare bedroom.. I paid $300 for the lot.. which included 2 complete FWs, a Bernina 1230, a Bernina surger, an embroidery machine with 20+ disks and lot of notions and other attachments and such.. When I got the junk home and actually looked at what I had, I took a lot more money to her and tried to give her more (she is my friend after all). She did not want more money, she just wanted the machines gone.. I told her she would sell them quite easily.. and I'd even help her do it.. but no.. she was happy, and needless to say I've been even happier than she was! What a deal.