Old 12-13-2011, 10:18 AM
purplemem

Wow! The Taboo Tuesday hits home as I wanted to make something as soon as I could stand.

New Christmas traditions - one tradition I had when the children were small that I'd like to do again with just my hubby - on Sunday night plan a snack, we did hot chocolate and simple Christmas cookies, make it festive, then take out the Bible and read parts of the Christmas story. This way on Christmas Day you can read the whole Christmas story aloud and celebrate a new way. We opened one small gift with our hot chocolate, usually a hand-made ornament or book.
I don't think I'm explaining this well but it made Christmas more about the scriptures and less about Santa.

Start making ornaments together. Buy a kit and make hubby help. My dh has surprised me as he has now learned loom weaving for potholders and he really enjoys it. I told him he had to MAKE me a Christmas present.

Change your tradition to ONLY HOMEMADE Christmas presents. Then get creative with coupon books for massages, etc. Or make a memory book. All homemade presents don't have to be quilts, we just prefer to make them.

Murphy1- I adore biscotti. I've made it once or twice. Is a wonderful treat.

I've called Missy's number 4 times now, no response and no voice mail. I don't have Xylie's. Has anyone PM'd them?

Tomorrow I see the lung doc, gotta breathe before I can walk. Hugs to all. MJ