Thread: Spelling
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 03:56 PM
romanojg

Originally Posted by teddysmom View Post
If I don't understand the abbreviations in the note, I reply to the sender and ask for the meaning. Most of the time my posts have words left out. I also have a problem with my mind working faster than my fingers when I'm typing an answer to a post or posting a new question.
I do this all the time; I'm always having to go back and fix words. When I was in college my speech professor said to the whole class when the issue of my speaking was too fast that in his experience when someone speeks so fast is because their mouths are trying to keep up with their minds because they are always thinking a head and are very intelligent; so I take this as a compliment. My intentions are always to spell correctly just as I'm sure we all wish that were true. Unfortunetly we are all human and rather it's in grammer, spelling or even quilting we all make mistakes and sometimes the best of spell checker isn't sure of what you are trying to say or spell. I deal with people on computers everyday and they type their passwords in wrong and get locked out of an application. When they start to appoligize I tell them that's ok that my fingers don't always listen to what my mind is telling them either. So I will now appoligize if I've made any spelling or grammer mistakes here but it's now time to get off of work and my mind is racing a head to something new. I hope that all of you on this board have a great holiday and please be safe and say a kind word to the next person you see or speak too. Happy Holidays