View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 03:50 AM
Ann L

Originally Posted by dixies View Post
I opened a quilt shop Nov. 2009 and lost it one year later. I live in NC. I noticed that local guilds do not support local shops. I had great prices and we had great service. It someone came in with a pattern and fabric from another shop but needed help, we would help them. We were just in a depressed area. In the past few months, about 5 quilts shops have closed. I miss the shop very much and have not been able to go to a quilt shop yet. If you do open one I wish all the best.
I think that is what I fear is that it wouldn't last. We have a great incentive here right now. there are three stores in down town that we could pick from, free rent for a year, $15,000 allowance for renovations and a $3000. advertizement allowance and also free advice on how to start up the business, etc. I think one would work here, I just wish I had the gumption to do it.
I love everyone's ideas. A late night a week is a good thing as I work as well. Free sewing time is good as well. There aren't many shops I go into that I don't spend some money, just have to after seeing all the beautiful fabrics.
Sorry your shop didn't make it.