Old 01-20-2012, 01:11 PM
BarbaraSue

I found the article informative. It gives the basis of their advertising stradegy for the different stores.
I am over served as a quilter and can go wherever I please and when I please to shop.
I have about 4 Walmarts within a 30 mile ~ radius. Only 2 have fabrics. Of those, one is a hit and miss on getting the fabric cut, one is fair and friendly with knowledgable staff who may not quilt but at least sew or craft.
I have 2 JoAnn's within 50 miles ~ radius and they vary alot. And vary from one time to the next in service and attitude.
I have 2 Hobby Lobby's within the same radius as the JoAnn's. Their fabric section is small by comparison, but is well organized. They will honor and match other store's coupons.
I have a Hancock's about 50 miles away. It is stocked to the hilt and I've always had good service.
Add in the LQS's within this same area, and I have 7 of those. If I want to drive 2 hours in any direction, I can add in 6+ more, and it goes on from there. While I relish the idea of buying whatever I want without much difficulty, I can't help but wonder what happens to all this excess fabric. I know that all of if doesn't get purchased. There are other areas even in our own country that could use this stock for the greater good.