Old 01-25-2012, 08:37 PM
kitsykeel

Originally Posted by Happy Treadler View Post
Just wondering if I'm wasting my time. I started a quilt for my son (very simple disappearing 9-patch), and as I go on I'm hating it because the fabric I used (because of all the colors) was cheap. I'm thinking about bailing & just maybe using the blocks I already finished for a small couch throw, and starting a new one with better fabrics.

Anytbody else do this? Am I nuts for wasting my time? I have everything cut out, and probably finished about 3 rows.
Oh boy, do I ever know that feeling. Earlier last year I decided to make a quilt as a Christmas gift for my son-in-law who loves bears. Found wonderful fabrics at my local quilt shop: panels with bears, batiks, lots of tone on tone fabrics that go well with the bear panels. I made many bear paw blocks and started laying it out, trying to figure out where to cut the panels to get the best effect. Never did figure that out. I actually started to hate the darn thing. So I gave up for this past Christmas. I think I have found a pattern that will work well without cutting the panel to pieces and maybe use only a few bear paw blocks. Anyway, I am sick and tired of it and will wait till closer to next Christmas to work on it. On to easier things that I like right now. Good luck to you.