View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 06:42 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Thanks everyone ... I really appreciate all the kind words about my blocks!
Now the next step ... the long and boring process of sashing, etc. Not the same oohs and aaahs that you get in making each block. First though, I need that fabric to arrive at my LQS!

NickyLSF ... totally accidental that the maple leaf got in the centre. All the blocks are placed in numerical order from the book! They'll all move around when I start doing the sashing. Though I have been starting to look at it as to how they placement could be switched to break up some of the blocks that are the same fabrics, and are currently side by side.

JeanieG ... yes there's some relief. Celebration for sure, but somewhat getting tired of doing them ... and making the fabric decisions. I'm using a little different strategy for the PC fabrics. Not that it will be any easier!

Granny59 ... It's "sew nice" to see you drop by on this thread! Mine are so large, in comparison to your DJs! PPing was a blessing for the accuracy of the blocks.

OKSGlad ... and some of that balance came from comments/suggestions when I did an earlier group shot. I remember you suggesting I work on getting more oranges and purples into the mix. Plus I got better at the contrast decisions ... better, but still had some that I went, OMG what was I thinking! I had planned to use the stark white of the maple leaf for the 4-H block ... then didn't have enough fabric. So it's a little off white.

JanRN ... fast, because I didn't get much other sewing done in the meantime! A little bit at Christmas, but not much else. I'm looking forward to PC, and sticking with the posse. And in between get some other UFOs, PhDs and of course some more newbie projects started!