View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 06:51 AM
logofflater

Carl's description of being a male quilter resonated with me. Only my favorite shop gives me equal treatment which is great business for them because between my wife and myself we can spend quite a bit.

. . .and then there is the local Bernina dealer who believes that a hard sell works wonders for her bottom line. (She never heard of the soft sell) I can't go into that shop without being acosted about the purchase of a new machine. I get it from the owner, her manager or one of the sales ladies every single time. They don't seem to do it to my wife. As a result I activly avoid the place if I can but recently my wife went there to register for a class. I decided to pick up a few colors and was at the checkout when from acroos the room the owner saw me and bellowed out was I in to buy a machine today. This she had to do from at least 25 feet away and across two sales counters and two of her employees; indredible, absolutely incredible! Following me and pestering me just builds resentment and resistance.

I have three Berninas, none purchased there.

_________
Steve Johnson