View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 06:59 AM
Maire

The only LQS near me is like that, except they didn't seem to hover to be helpful, more like they are waiting for me to shoplift. And I don't carry a big enough purse for a bolt of fabric. I deliberately stayed away from the section with notions & patterns just because the hovering makes me so nervous I was afraid they would start to search my purse. I would always leave depressed & feeling as though I looked like the poster grandma of shoplifters. A gift shop near me also did that, beautiful glassware for gifts but I tried shopping there twice, couldn't stand to go back. Same with the LQS, I just stopped going there, do my shopping online, can browse for hours with anyone hovering.
I thought maybe I was being overly sensitive, maybe I wasn't dressed properly or I looked too ethnic that day but friends who look very well dressed & white also had the same experience. It is a shame because both shops lost customers who were willing to pay for quality. The gift shop closed & I heard rumors the LQS is closing, not sure about that.