View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 01:13 PM
margecam52

How cute is that?!!! Was the blanket stitch done after you sandwiched the quilt? If so, just stitch in the ditch around the blocks, or do a squiggly line where the purple meets the teal...do it right over the seams. That should be enough.
Love the pattern...really cute!

Originally Posted by nanascottie View Post
hi,
to date i have made one small pieced table topper (a kit) and quilted it on my machine following the shapes of the triangles and squares one quarter inch each side of the seam. it turned out ok - mistakes and all - i am learning on my own. i live in the mountains - 70 miles from any fabric or thread!
so for christmas my dauhter bought gift certificate for me at a quilt shop where she lives. i bought a pattern - applique and have had fun making it - instructions - well - not enough for me so i finshed the top - really lots of mistakes but i like it any way. i know how to make the sandwich but don't knoe how to quilt it. i did a machine blanket stitch all around the little cottages and bushes and trees. i used heat and bond. any way here is a picture - i am looking for advice on what kind of quilting - i am new to quilting - need something simple. thank you in advance.