View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 03:02 PM
ICU_FOSTERMOM

I will try this again. I typed , and typed and typed last night and copied it just in case ..... Well I "posted" it...and it didn't go thru . So, I just went to my "copy"...Well .the forces of evil were against me.....[Oh , Alice stop being so dramatic ]the 'copy' was nowhere to be found . I had never had that happen before . ! ! !!

So now I will try to remember all that I said late last night .

I started with, I am happy that this thread was started and that so many of You Quilters shared honest feelings about your prized possesions for your craft, your talent and your giftedness. I esp. loved the posts expressed with humor . IT can be a delicate subject to have to deal with and talk about.

I loved that many of You already knew of groups that make Quilts for others in need to donate your stuff to .
NOw that man who will use a burn barrel.........He needs to be ganged up on by a group of angry determined Quilters .
I laughed at 'TINK'S MOM ' telling her husband that if He didn't treat her treasured quilting belongings with respect She would haunt him for the rest of HIS life..! ! ! !

The idea of draping the quilts that were made and given with love to be decorating the pews or walls The one that I liked the best was the Quilting "Will" . I think I 'will ' use that one. I know it is not legal but I still will use it.

As for me , I know where my treasures will go.My church has a "Prayer Quilt Ministry" It is a wonderful church outreach program. The Quilt team will make a Quilt for anyone who requests one for -someone else who is at a difficult crossroad in their life. It could be sadness, desperation , illness ...whatever . Every Quilt has a large Cross on the back. Recipiants tell us that they feel like that are wrapped in faith by these Quilts. Even if they don't have much faith of their own, they appreciate the Quilts and the Prayers that go with them . Every Quilt has Ties approprietly place on each quiltrespecting each design . The embroidery floss ties have knots in them that represent Prayers said for the recipient .

One Sunday We had a missionary husband and wife team come to share their mission in China. The quilt team chose my very first Quilt...[ ever ] to send home to China with this couple. Can You even imagine just how amazing that felt to me.

Thank You all and Thank You ....JCROW....Who started this thread .
Sincerly...Alice

Last edited by ICU_FOSTERMOM; 02-19-2012 at 03:17 PM.