Old 02-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Pats8e8

Originally Posted by featherweightman View Post
All machines are not the same.The black ones have gears inside.the white ones ..have a belt.The black ones have lube tubes on the motors.some of the white ones do not.the foot control on the black ones un pluges .some do some do not on the white.Let me try to make it simple.The motor on the white one is a more powerful motor..04 vs.0.58.The first fix i would try is simple.It s called motor burn out.Some of these machines have been setting for 30 to 40 years.Un hook belt from machine and run motor for 5 to 10 min.at high speed.IT may smell or it may get hot but after a while you will here the pitch change.When it does you will see a big difference in the speed.Ihave worked on a lot of featherweights and it works most of the time good luck ,let me know if it works.
Well guess what? I took my machine to my class and we plugged her in and let her run and by golly, she went right up to speed. I think you are certainly right, she needed to get all that oil and stuff into her, gave her the old energy. ha So now she is sewing at full speed. Thanks sew much.
While on this topic, do you have any parts for the featherweigt tables? I bought one but the front piece that holds the machine up is missing. My husband is going to try to fix it, but I'd love to have the "real" part for it.
Thanks,
Pat