View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 02:52 PM
Judi in Ohio

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I bought a Bernina 830 a year ago. I was so excited. I knew it would be wonderful to sew with. Wrong! The thread breaks all the time. I've used every thread possible. I've used every needle possible. I even bought a vacuum for sewing machines and clean it frequently. One of the feet that came with it won't work. The dealer let me try one of their's and it wouldn't work on my machine, so they gave me a similar one and a couple of months later asked for it back. I said "no" and reminded them that the one that came with the machine wouldn't work on mine. It's the open toed foot. Good for appliqueing. The metal one wouldn't work but the plastic foot does. And my machine always tells me the thread is broken when it's not. I'm just really disappointed. This machine is suppose to be the cream of the crop. That's why I bought it. My old Viking works better than this one. Anyone else with a Bernina 830 having any of these problems?
I had heard that many of the first 830's were problems. I had one of the first Pfaff Creative Visions and it was a mess. I complained until they fixed it, when that didn't work, they replaced it. I would write Bernina and tell them you want it fixed so you can use it. That machine is much too expensive to just write it off. Open your mouth and don't shut it until they do something about it. JMHO Your dealer needs to go to bat for you!