View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 08:21 AM
callen

Originally Posted by callen View Post
I have the Bernina 820 which is exactly the same machine as yours but minus the embroidery module. I have had it for a year and a half & have never had a problem with it. Hasn't even been in for servicing yet. The bobbin is a little finicky and it will act up when the slightest bit of thread gets caught up in it but if I keep it clean & make sure it is threaded properly it's fine. I don't know about the U.S. prices but my 820 cost $7500.00 Canadian & that was with a $1500. discount. The 830 here in Canada ranges in price from $13,000 - 14,000. I would think your dealer is not living up to her part of being a retailer, which is being a responsible retailer!! My dealer even came to my house for 2 days to make sure I felt comfortable with it & she lives 3 1/2 hours away. That's being a responsible dealer (even above & beyond). I love mine & when I sew on my other machine, Juki 98Q, which I also love & then go back to my Bernina, boy you sure notice the difference. Best of luck with your machine.
Just a follow up with your machine. Were you told to NEVER sew without fabric under the foot? This is very important as the thread will get caught up in the bobbin compartment & give you lots of headaches. When you start to sew a seam, start your sewing a little in from the back edge of the material so you always have fabric under the foot. I love the fact that the bobbin holds almost triple the thread of a regular machine but it can be very finicky.
It is a wonderful machine but sometimes a little finicky when it comes to threading it & thread getting caught up in the bobbin area of the machine. Make sure it is always free of loose thread. Hopefully this will help.