View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Christine27

Originally Posted by quiltlizzy View Post
Yes I use the laser often. What panto did you try. I am an HQ rep and when I train folks we talk a lot about the death grip. Avoid that and try a flowy panto like drift or double plume. You really can do beautiful work with them. Have u tried rulers yet?
I probably had a death grip! I also had to remind myself to breathe! I was using a design out of a book of a tree with leaves. My machine is a Janome Artistic 18. I don't know if I had the laser attached in the right spot. I've done about 8 or 9 free motion quilts so far and have really enjoyed it, but I felt like I had to go so extremely slow using the laser stylus. Later, I did the same design free motion and while I still had to work slow to get details, I felt much more comfortable going without the laser. I've use a few simple rulers for straight edges and continuous curves, but since I don't yet have an extended base, I've had trouble using some of my rulers. I suppose if I practice the laser more, I'll get more comfortable with it.