View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 05:35 AM
bobquilt3

I am so sorry about your problems. When you buy a "dream machine" that costs that much, you should get one. I have no interest in mach. embroidery, so got the 820 and I love it. I happen to have an exceptional dealer and I think that makes the difference. This is an Amish family business and they are honest and way beyond just helpful. The high end machines are picky (they ARE computerized and we all know what that means) and you have to learn to use them. You need a dealer who is knowledgable and works with you. The optimal word there is Knowledgeable.
That said, I have had battles with this 820 and it always seems to be something I've done or was too impatient to do or thought my way was "just fine." I take classes and continue to learn and the more I learn, the better the machine gets. Yes, there is a learning curve.

When the 830 was introduced, Bernina send representative/s( number depending on the number of machines a dealer sells) from the dealership to Switzerland for a training course. Any company that does that stands behind its product. I strongly suggest you contact Bernina directly.
I do so hope you can work this out. Good luck.

Last edited by bobquilt3; 03-04-2012 at 05:44 AM.