View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 08:34 AM
yayaquilts

I got back to working on my Orca Bay yesterday. Took me about 20 min to figure out where I was (the trouble with putting away a project!). Plus I needed to print Part 8. (Originally I wasn't going to look at the BIg Reveal till I was there, but then I saw a finished top sooner than I planned!) I left it working on Part 5, but decided to make part 6-the Ohio stars instead. I completed 4 lights and 5 darks finished and I like how they are turning out.

My points are coming out great because, thanks to many of your comments, I decided to sew a scant 1/4" !! I had only skimmed over the directions in the beginning and I hadn't thought about the size of the pieces only making these Ohio stars 6 1/2"-so a bit surprised at how small they are, especially since I have been working on 2 quilts with 12 1/2" and 17 1/2" blocks!!

This project is definitely a nice labor of love and not a quilt one completes quickly. But I have decided I actually like making a mystery quilt!! It's been fun sharing with all of you as well!!