View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 08:14 PM
burchquilts

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
I look at it this way. I love fabric. I have a pretty significant stash which brings me much happiness. I will NEVER use all that I have but that doesn't deter me from gathering more. Leaving a stash behind after I am gone doesn't trouble me one bit. I have left specific written instructions for my family as well as discussed with them on how to dispose of my sewing and quilting supplies when I am gone. They know who gets what and what to do with anything that is left over. I even have some rare, highly sought after, hard to find fabrics that are separate from my stash. My family knows that these fabrics are special and will be sold. I also let my family know that if they didn't wish to follow my instructions upon my demise, that is their prerogative. I'm not going to come back and haunt them!!!
I agree with everything you said. I would like my beloved heirloom Featherweight to stay with my kids but my fabric? I just want it donated to whoever can use it. I know here in WI the women's prison acceps fabric donations to make quilts with & that sounds like a good choice to me. And I, too, have promised my kids that if they thik I;m a royal pain now, just watch if you don't follow my directives... LOL!