Thread: Kindle
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Geri B

So, All buddies, I did buy a Kindle........about 2 weeks ago...went to Best Buy and chose the one with 3G, wifi,touch screen, etc.....so confusing.......my first hurdle was connecting my Router so that I could download from the Public Library....I did not know my router had a password.....kind young man tech from Amazon walked me thru finding it on the laptop...phew!!!!Another password......so finally got the book downloaded from the library. I was a bit disappointed at all the waiting lists for books I was interested in at the PL-why did I think there was an unlimited amount......out there in the ethernet.......still having a bit of a problem "turning the pages"-have overshot a few times and had a hard time finding my way back....wish the page numbers were on the bottom so I could kind of keep an eye on where I am. Like the fact I can change the font to a more comfortable size. I still don't quite understand the concept......I have jotted down the names of websites for free books. I am not interested in buying any, my reading source has always been the library...oh, an occasional garage sale find!!!! Now, I have read here that there are free games available--like crossword, word type games, not those crazy shoot 'em up, blow 'em up type....how, where, may I ask. I was looking to make a cover for the "thing", but when I looked on site for some ideas.....I saw what was called a "skin". Does anyone know what that is???? I still have reservation and somedays wonder why I bought this, but I am sure that will change and I will grow to appreciate it more. Another thing to learn........Thanks for all your input.......