View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 01:56 PM
FroggyinTexas

I am a frequent shopper at such a store and have found some terrific fabric-sometimes same brands I find at the quilt shop for half the price. This store has an abundance of fabric of all qualities--I don't know where the owner gets the fabric. What some people forget this that not all fabric people buy is for quilts or clothing. Sometimes teachers need lots of yardage for bulletin board backs, crafters need table coverings to show their wares, etc. The store I visit has such a huge selection of trims that local dress makers often go there for items they need.

However, you need to know your potential market in your area. You may live in an area where people want to pay $12.95 a yard for fabric because that's a status symbol. Good luck, froggyintexas
Originally Posted by Woodster View Post
I've had a thought that keeps bouncing around in my head, and would like to hear some opinions, for/against/who cares on it.

How would you feel about shopping at a store that only had end-lots, or end-bolts, pre-cuts, at reduced
prices? Sort of like a bargain corner stand-alone store?

I haven't thought it out thoroughly and in detail, but it's one of those things that keeps popping into my head unannounced!

Thanks for your ever-helpful opinions!

Deb