View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 08:01 AM
laffygiraffe

I agree. It is crazy busy. The easiest solution is to make fairly wide - say 2 in or more - borders of a calm color - like the exact Batman blue or white or yellow even black to calm things down a bit.
This is a great idea for a quilt! Reminds me of a t-shirt or flag quilt.
Busy, rest, busy, rest. It is easier to focus instead of your eye jumping around.
Soon, I will make a quilt for my son out of his old Punk rock tees. Loud and trashy. It will have 4 inch wide borders in black in between. Like a frame for a poster.
Right now, I am finishing a quilt I made for DH. It is his choice and his colors, not mine, but I am adding a few specific things to make it easier (for me) to live with, like embroidery, and a few odd fabric choices here and there. He likes desert colors, I like 30s repro and old fashioned quilts.
In an earlier post, I said I didn't like machine - quilting, but then I remembered that one of the baby quilts I made was quilt as you go with circles machine appliqed to a square. I machine satin-stitched (tight zig-zag) the circles and it looked really good. of course, I had to finish the back by hand.