View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 03:42 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

i have a couple books of label transfers i picked up at Joannes- they are assorted sizes, designs, themes- you iron them onto fabric & fill them in with permenent micron pens- i have bought yardage (from moda the last time) of lables that you simply cut out- finish the edges or apply fusable- again fill in with marker or embroidery- what ever
often i print a picture on a piece of fabric then write my label over the picture- or i design it on the computer & print it on fabric---there are tons of ways to make labels-
i have a friend who writes her label (with machine embroidery or a marker) on her binding- then you can read all the way around the quilt- i have even just written on the quilt itself with the label not being a separate component- but part of the quilt-
one quilt i made the label as the quilting itself- i love to write with the long-arm - my penmanship seems much better with the machine free hand than with a pen sometimes- so i just started at the top & wrote out a label/story as the quilting design.