Old 09-15-2009, 06:39 AM
gaigai
Banned

Originally Posted by Admin
[ But that doesn't mean I should disregard what they think.

You are absolutely right, you shouldn't. But as the old saying goes, you can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time. So, as far as I can tell, it's going to have to come down to just a few choices:

1. You are DA BOSS! And you can decide what YOU want, and then just do it. Remember, you don't have to explain things to your friends, and your enemies won't believe you anyhow. It's your decision, and "Because I said so" is a valid reason.

2. Have some kind of vote, a secret ballot. One vote per person. Since many people don't read the board every day, set the voting period for a week or so (whatever time period you think is best) and have them pm you with a specific subject line and a brief vote. You can figure out the wording to make it either a Yes/No/A/B/C choice. Then the majority of those that vote rule. After all, that's the way national elections are held. Results aren't determined by the majority of citizens, results are determined by the majority that votes.

3. Put a cap on the number of posts allowed in GCC per day.

4. Leave things as they are.

And good luck! I think you do an awesome job that is mostly thankless, so may I take this opportunity to THANK YOU for this awesome board!