View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 09:06 AM
Morag

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I go to a quilting retreat twice a year. It use to be that we had a teacher and we would learn a new technique, so we would get a list of fabrics we needed. Then about 8 years ago, we decided to just have 4 days of doing our own thing. Everyone would bring whatever they wanted. Some would bring UFOs, others would bring fabric to start a quilt. We usually quilt until 2 am. At our retreat, they feed us breakfast, lunch and dinner plus coffee and tea anytime we want it. Everyone brings snacks. We eat way too much. We oohhh and aahhh over everyone's projects and drive to a nearby town and hit the quilt shop to pick up fabric. It's always so much fun. It seems every year it's the same bunch but usually we get a new face. We take in new people and treat them well, so don't worry about being new. You will love it. The comraderie (sp?) is great. I usually bring projects that are halfway finished...2 or 3 of them...and finish them up there. We bring our own sewing machines. We have 3 ironing boards that we purchased put away in a closet there and we designate who brings the irons. We usually have 3 cutting mats sitting on a table for everyone to use, along with a couple of rulers. A lot of us bring small cutting mats and our own rulers to put beside our station. That is the only retreat I go to, so I don't know how other places do it. Just ask. You'll love it.
Sounds just like our guild camp. We have 4 a year and we have so much fun and fellowship! So many ideas and beautiful projects are started and some completed. It is a good time to make those charity lap quilts