Old 06-17-2012, 08:19 AM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

My husband works out of town quite a bit so sometimes when I buy a lot of fabric and come home and his car is in the driveway, I leave my sack in my car and come in the house empty handed. Then, when he goes to work, I run out and grab my sack. One time, I went out and grabbed my sack and was coming out of the garage and he was pulling back in the driveway because he forgot something. I stood frozen with my bag of goods. He got out of his car and laughed at me. He said he knew that I had been doing this because when he'd go into the garage for something, he'd see sacks in my car and look in them and shake his head and laugh, but didn't let on to me because he thought it was fun to see me sneak around. He told me I could spend my money on all the fabric I wanted, that I didn't have to hide it anymore. Now, it kind of takes the fun out of it...hiding it and waiting for him to leave and then bringing in my goods and drooling over them. Now, he wants to see what I bought and tells me if he likes my fabric choices, which he always says he does. He's good like that. But I kind of miss living on the edge when I was hiding my sacks...miss the thrill!