View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 07:08 PM
captlynhall

I had a White Jeans Machine and hated it. Every time I used it it was a struggle. I didn't do much sewing because of it. When the bobbin winder quit working, I went to what was later to become my LQS to see about a repair. The technician said it would cost $85 to check it out, plus any parts, and when I said I hated that machine, he said I probably shouldn't waste the money on a repair and suggested I look at some of their machines. I wound up test driving a Brother and it was on sale, so I got it for less than $400. It sews like a dream, has an easy drop in bobbin, automatic threader (good for my old eyes), and needle up and down. I forget how many stitches it has, but way more than I would ever use. I love this machine and enjoy it every time I sit down to sew. Although I had no plans to spend that kind of money that day, I have never regretted it. So...choose a machine that you will enjoy sewing on. Go for one that is not too complicated to learn, and look at it as a long term investment. Good luck to you.