Thread: I Am An Addict
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 06:21 AM
rj.neihart

You know, I can relate to this very well. I have received many compliments through the years on the quilts I have made, and always hope no one will notice the mistakes. As my husband has put it "if the quilts were prefect, they'd be made by a mold." So...now when I make a quilt and make a mistake, I keep going and overlook it. I find with all of my collection of material, I'm always hesitant cutting what I need because it all looks so good on the shelves. All material is neatly stacked or rolled nicely onto cardboard for easier storage. What I have to do is hold my breath, pull out the colors I want and start cutting. If I think about cutting, I won't do it. So it's an automatic thing and I have the design all laid out before I begin sewing. What I have a problem with is finishing the hand quilting - I get all excited, prepare, quilt, and just before I come to the end, I hesitate and put off finishing. My quilts are my friends, we've been through a lot of thought while creating the design, and I have a hard time letting go once again. I guess I'll have to push myself because I have 3 more tops to hand quilt before Christmas this year!